Speaking of the 51st state...
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:16:28 -0800
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]On Behalf Of Owen
We're already a colony, all I'm asking for is representation.
Well, no, you aren't actually a colony of the US. (A colony of Britain in
You'd be much better off as a US colony.
The biggest shock to Canadians would be when the US said 'no thanks'.
Mostly, US agencies get told never to study Canadian breakup situations.
When they do, it generally boils down to:
1) We wouldn't mind British Columbia.
2) Yukon doesn't justify statehood, but a territory might not be too bad.
3) We have enough subsidized farmers; so keep the grain states.
4) We have enough people who think the government owes them a living, so
scratch the Newfies.
5) Quebec. French. 'nuff said.
6) Ontario is a bit socialistic for our taste. But it is ripe for a
leveraged buy-out and restructuring.